Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Summer's Last Days......



SO, needless to say like the last post says, we DIDN'T get to Silver Lake the weekend we planned as everyone will remember it rained ALL weekend long! We spent our time working around the house. Daris took on the project of painting the garage as it was left just drywalled so we still have a ways to go on that but got a good start. Then my parents + Matt & Lindsey and Daris' parents came over for lunch on Sunday so it was nice catching up with them as well. Can't do too much when it is constant rain!


This past weekend we celebrated Scott & Val's wedding Friday night. It was a great time and everything was PERFECT. Unfortunately I only took one picture, which didn't even include me but it's a cutie so here it is for ya.......



Saturday Daris thought he needed to do some yard work which included letting HUGE trees fall on my landscaping.(He says it's fall now and they will grow back next year, yeah right! He just wanted to cut them down! )



Saturday night after yardwork we headed up for Silver Lake to pack up the toys and bring them home. We grabbed dinner at Culver's and got up just in time to meet my parents plus my counsins Laurne & Meghan for icecream. Then enjoyed a little campfire and some stories and off to bed! Sunday morning we got up early, loaded up, and got back in town for church. Sunday we took a long moped ride out to Saugatuck and then had a neighborhood picnic which was a nice way to meet all of our neighbors. (Most of them anyway!:)

Last night we thought we would take advantage of on the last "summer" nights by riding the mopeds down to Crane's for dinner. For some reason we just can't let summer go!







On my way to my haircut this morning I had to take up the chance of catching the sunrise as we seldom get to see it being the woods. What a beautiful morning! We sure to have so much to be thankful for!


2 comments:

the huizenga's said...

So, I hopped on my blog when I got home from work tonight (cuz I'm that addicted), and I see that cousin Leann has a blog, too! I'll definately be checking in on you two...I think it's just a good way to keep up with people, and a good way to let others know what's going on in life :o)...maybe I'll see you next weekend??

The Palmbos' said...

What a fine picture of Daris and Beef! Haven't seen you all in a while ~ glad to see you are doing well!